Tangible Personal Property Helpful Hints and Suggestions
1. File the original return, with preprinted name and account number, before April 1st. Be sure to sign and date your return.
2. It is important to provide a breakdown of assets since depreciation on each item may vary.
3. Please include your estimate of fair market value, date of acquisition and the original installed cost (including such costs as transportation, installation, startup and sales tax). These are important consideration in determining an accurate assessment.
4. Identify any equipment that may have been "physically removed". List those items in the appropriate space on your return.
5. If you sell your business, go out of business, or move to a new location, please inform the Property Appraiser's Office as soon as possible.